Summary of Responsibilities:
- Develop architectures to meet the product requirements and specifications, lead and/or assist the development of the modules of new product and support in functional testing and troubleshooting RF product and unit performance.
- Perform RF analysis of candidate design architecture to determine the impact to subsystem (unit) and system (product) performance
- Perform evaluation/testing of units including filters, converters/mixers and amplifiers, ADC (Analog to Digital Converter).
- Support test engineer to conduct and develop Test and Evaluation plans and test procedures for RF product test
- Review test engineer generated test reports that documents the test results.
- Perform RF unit modeling and end-to-end simulation of microwave radiometers.
- Support the development of product and lower level test procedures, assembly aids for production and preparation of design documentation for release to production manufacturing.
- Report and be accountable to the Director of Engineering, and support supplier/vendor evaluations and unit proposal development including requirement flow-down.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Capability to perform RF design and analysis of candidate design architecture to determine the impact to subsystem (unit) and system (product) performance
- Experience of performing evaluation/testing of units such as filters, converters/mixers and amplifiers, ADC (Analog to Digital Converter).
- Proficiency with analog and RF frequency computer simulation, modeling and analysis of systems (product), subsystems (unit) and RF/microwave circuits. Experience to use the RF simulation tools, such as Keysight’s Genesys–Spetrasys, of ADS or CST’s (Computer Simulation Technology) – Design Studio & Microwave suite, is a plus.
- Proficiency with Labview (or Python programming) software and PSpice, Matlab, Mathcad, PADS schematic and layout software is a plus.
- Good understanding of knowledge in passive microwave radiometer systems is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and be a team player.
- Experience with the design, layout and fabrication of RF/microwave circuits.
- Must be able to prepare and conduct detailed technical presentations for reviews.
- Some travel and extended work schedules may be required.
Education and Work Experiences:
- Typically required education background includes a Bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. degree in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution
- Required engineering experiences for senior positions are as follows: at least twelve years of experience with a bachelor’s degree, ten years of experience with a master’s degree, or seven years with a PhD degree.
- Less experience and qualified candidates will be also considered for junior positions.